Saturday, February 13, 2010

Conversion Charts Basics

I'm posting this because I know you want to know, because I know I want to know, because somewhere out there someone never knew and now they know.... ok I'm in a crazy mood today, maybe because I might actually buy my very first food processor !!!!! Or maybe because I'm a little nutty... oooo nuts I'm buying nuts today too... Oops I almost went off on another tangent there...

Anyway... I found this information on "KitchenScrapbook" I can't take credit for any of it, because, well, I didn't know most of this information.... I knew the basics like 4quarts = 1gallon... but honestly that is all I remember from grade school home economics class.... :-D

So... Thank You ! Kay from "Kitchen Scrapbook" !


3 teaspoons = 1 tablespoon
4 tablespoon = 1/4 cup
5 1/3 tablespoons = 1/3 cup
8 tablespoons = 1/2 cup
16 tablespoons = 1 cup
2 cups = 1 pint
4 cups = 1 quart
16 cups = 1 gallon
4 quarts = 1 gallon


Macaroni 1 cup (3 1/2 oz) uncooked = 2 1/2 cups cooked
Noodles, med 3 cups (4 oz) uncooked = 4 cups cooked
Speghetti 8 oz uncooked = 4 cups cooked
Popcorn 1/3 - 1/2 cup unpopped = 8 cups popped
Rice, long grain 1 cup uncooked = 3 cups cooked
Rice, minute 1 cup uncooked = 2 cups cooked

Bread 1 slice =3/4 cup soft crumbs
= 1/4 cup dry crumbs
Graham crackers 7 squares = 1/2 cup crushed
Ritz crackers 12 crackers = 1/2 cup crushed
Saltines 14 crackers = 1/2 cup crushed

Bananas 1 medium = 1/3 cup mashed
Lemons 1 medium = 3 Tbsp. juice
Limes 1 medium = 2 Tbsp. juice
Oranges 1 medium = 1/4 - 1/3 cup juice

Lettuce 1 head = 5 cups shredded
Carrots 1 pound = 3 cups shredded
Celery 1 rib = 1/2 cup chopped
Corn 1 ear = 2/3 cup kernels
Green pepper 1 large = 1 cup chopped
Mushrooms 1/2 pound = 3 cups sliced
Onions 1 medium = 1/2 cup chopped
Potatoes 3 medium = 2 cups cubed

Almonds 1 pound = 3 cups chopped
Pecan halves 1 pound = 4 1/2 cups chopped
Walnuts 1 pound = 3 3/4 cups chopped

No comments:

Post a Comment