Thursday, February 11, 2010

365 Recipes - #29 - Pigs in Bacon in a Blanket

Double Wrapped Pigs!

Here is a simple twist to the classic Pigs in a Blanket.... Try adding a layer of bacon! No...not the healthiest choice... not by any means... no not at all... but seriously folks... how many do you eat at a party? 1? 2? 10? HA!

Well, no matter how many you eat, you will FLIP over how these melt in your mouth. I'm not sure but it must have to do with the juices of the bacon... but the "blanket" will just melt in your mouth with every bite...


YUMMY !

Start with croissant roll dough. I used the kind that comes in a tube. What I did here, because the triangle shapes don't make good blankets... I cut the dough in to 8 strips and then cut each strip in half.

I took 8 strips of bacon and cut them in half.

Start with the mini dog...

Then wrap it with one 1/2 strip of bacon...

Then wrap once again with one 1/2 strip of dough...

Place them on a non stick baking sheet (us a cooking spray if you need to)

Bake them for... well... I forget ;-D... I just baked them until the dough was golden brown, and the bacon started to brown on the edges...

This only made 16, but you can easily make more just by doubling or tripling the ingredients... I suggest making a lot... they will go fast.

These are totally amazingly yummy, and totally amazingly not good for you, and totally will be spending a week on my hips along side of the Football Cake Bites I made for the Super Bowl Party last Sunday :-D

But they are perfect for parties... give them a try....

Recipe #29, 336 more to go.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment