Saturday, February 6, 2010

365 Recipes - #24 - Dill Red Skin Potato Salad

Lots-O-Fresh Dill


I had a bunch of fresh dill slowly seeing it's last days... I needed to use it fast... a friend of mine sent me a bunch of red skin potato recipes and one had fresh dill. What a fresh alternative to the every day potato salad.

It looks creamy and decedent, but the only "bad" ingredient is butter...

The Line Up :
Red Skin Potatoes (I used 6 here)
1 Sm. pkt of Fresh Dill (about 3 to 4 tbs)
2 tbs of Parsley
2 Tbs of Butter
Salt
Pepper


First I filled up a pot with water and then brought it to a boil.

While the water was boiling, I sliced up the potatoes.

Then chopped up the dill (insert here chopping fresh parsley, which I did not have so I used the dry kind)

Dry Parsley

I put the potatoes in to the water and let them boil up for about 20 minutes.

When the potatoes were done I drained out all the water. Then I put the potatoes back in the pot so the heat of the potatoes and the pot will "dry" the extra water off the potatoes.

I then put in about 2 tbs of butter..

A few cranks of salt and pepper went in next... Then I mixed it up gently until all the butter was melted.

In a new bowl I mixed in the parsley and dill while the potatoes were still warm.

You will see the warmth from the potatoes will bring out the bright green of the herbs.

Give it a try at your next BBQ... I know BBQ season feels like a million years away... but you can always do a "mock" BBQ on an indoor grill pan !


Recipe #24, 341 more to go.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment