Monday, February 15, 2010

365 Recipes - #31 - Blood Orange and Granny Smith Apple Salad

So I was slacking taking photos tonight... so there are only a few...

This is a very very yummy salad. It's fresh and light and sweet and savory and sour all at the same time!


I sliced up some blood oranges... I picked the blood oranges for color... I never had them before, man they pack some flavor punch ! I love them...

Then I sliced up some small Granny Smith Apples... these added a punch of sour and crunch...

Insert a whole bunch of photos of me chopping up some almonds and a avocado... slicing up some grape tomatoes and white button mushrooms... Then sprinkling coconut shavings all over the salad along with some fresh ranch dressing....

YUM !

LOOK at those colors !!!! This salad was sooo yummy and crunchy and sweet and sour and savory and light... all at once! I highly recommend it !

And a perfect drink... of course had to be a Sour Apple Smirnoff... you know to keep with the theme of the salad. :-D

The Line Up :
Lettuce
1 Blood Orange
1 Granny Smith Apple
Mushrooms
Grape Tomatoes
Chopped Almonds
1 Avocado
Coconut Shavings
Ranch Dressing

Recipe #31, 334 more to go.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment