Friday, January 8, 2010

365 Recipes - #8 - Baked Cherry Tomatoes

On a whim, and because I didn't feel like attempting Italian Meatballs tonight, I thought I would try something vegetable in place of a meat. I grabbed the cutest little cherry tomatoes from my local store, and, well, that was all I needed, I had the rest at home. I thought to myself...self... what would go great with baked Mac n' Cheese? And my self said... Baked Cherry Tomatoes in olive oil with garlic!

The line up:
Cherry Tomatoes
Italian Pressed EVOO
Minced Garlic
Salt
Pepper


YUM! I love cherry tomatoes... they are actually the only vegetable I can grow !

What you want to do here is line the bottom of a glass backing dish with the cherry tomatoes. You can use one large dish if you like, I was experimenting here that is why I am using glass ramekins.

Then grab a nice fragrant Italian EVOO, and drizzle it all over the tomatoes

Then take one 1/2 teaspoon of garlic for each serving !


Top it off with some salt and pepper. Then mix it around a bit to coat the tomatoes evenly. Then pop the dish in to a 400degree oven for at least 45 minutes, checking from time to time to see if they need mixing so the tops don't dry out all together.

MMMMMMmmmmmmmm Right now my house smells like the BEST Italian eatery you can imagine... "baked" garlic with fragrant olive oil and tomatoes... OMG OMG OMG (that is exactly what I was saying when I opened the oven) ;-)

They are great as a side dish or as a topper for any pasta dish. They will bring a warm garlicky flavor to any dish... but be careful... they can be pretty hot inside!

This has to go to the top of my "BEST FLAVOR" list of any dish I have ever made.
Hope you enjoy !


Recipe #8, 357 more to go.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment