Tuesday, January 5, 2010

365 Recipes - #5 - Warm PB&J

To be honest, I don't have a cute story today to go along with my PB&J. I could sit here and tell you how I LOVED this as a kid, ramble on about memories. But no... I just had an idea and went with it :-D

Here is a super simple warm PB&J "sandwich".

The line up :

Peanut Butter (Creamy or Chunky)
Strawberry Jam (nice and packed full of Strawberries)
Regular Crescent Rolls ( I used Pillsbury, the kind that comes in a tube you have to roll up and bake.)


The crescent dough comes cut in long triangles, but they were a little too long, so I cut off one tip, about 2 inches from one end.

Put a nice smear of peanut butter on the bottom layer.

Then put a dollop of Strawberry Jam on top of the peanut butter.

Take a 2nd crescent roll and lay that on top. You want to then pinch the edges together really well to form something like a odd shaped ravioli.

Place them on a cooking sheet.

Just for fun I took the tips that I cut off and formed mini crescent rolls... they were cute I must say.

Then place the tray in the oven and bake them according to the directions for the crescent rolls.

HOW CUTE DID THESE LITTLE GUYS COME OUT ! (Good Idea for future parties... mini mini crescent rolls! Maybe they make these already? Do they? Hmmmm...)

Ooops, this is what happens if you don't pinch the sides really well.. Tehehehe

Mmmm they are very yummy...Odd shaped... but yummy. Sprinkle some powdered sugar all over the top and enjoy !


Recipe #5, 360 more to go. (Did I say "Oy" already? OY!)


.

No comments:

Post a Comment