Tuesday, January 12, 2010

365 Recipes - #11 - Tomato Basil Cheese Skewers

I had this wonderful little appetizer at my friends Christmas party. I don't remember the last time I had fresh basil, and honestly I only know what the dried basil smells like. This all changed when I had one of these tasty little bites. They are very fresh and light and flavorful. I am adding Basil to my Favorite Fresh Herb list !


Here is the line up:
Fresh Basil
Cherry Tomatoes
Fresh Mozzarella balls

This basil was so fragrant for a moment I forgot it was 19 degrees out side and felt like it was a warm summer day. I love garden fresh !

These mozzarella balls were a bit big for this recipe but they worked.

Grab a handful of cherry tomatoes, nice and ripe.

Here are my tiny tooth pics! HA, you can use these too, heck they work, but you can use slightly longer ones so your guests have something to actually hold on to. :-D

Skewer a tomato sideways.

Then grab a leaf of basil, you can use one large one, or two small ones for each skewer.

Roll up the basil in to a neat tight little roll.

Skewer that next.

Then last add a ball of mozzarella.

How adorable are these little guys !!!!!

Since my tomatoes were so small I decided to add a 2nd one on the end.

These are a nice light fresh flavorful alternative to the pigs in a blanket.

Enjoy !

Recipe #11, 354 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment