Sunday, March 7, 2010

365 Recipes - #33 - Smoked Motz n' Spinach Chicken

FINALLY!

Finally I have found some time to start editing my food.... I've been so busy these days with school and work and snow and the Olympics and Archery, OH MY ! But here I am back again...

This recipe was brought to me by my mother, it started a bit intense... and ended up very YUM!

The Line Up:
Frozen Spinach (thawed and drained)
Chicken with skin (any part will do pick your fav.!)
3tbs of Butter
1tbs Nutmeg
Shredded Smoked Moz.
Salt
Pepper

I found this very yummy Apple Smoked Mozzarella cheese. I grated it with the smaller holes on my gaiter. I don't want big lumpy amounts of the cheese because the smoked flavor is sooo strong that I rather it be blended all the way around to give the dish a hint of smoky flavor. When I was grating this.... WOW the smoky flavor was so strong SO STRONG I was afraid it was going to over power the chicken... but don't worry, some how it works out at the end.

I thawed my frozen spinach and drained it out then plopped it in to my mixing bowl. I used one full frozen packet.

Then I added a cup of shredded Motz.

Next up was a table spoon of Nutmeg.

Mix it all up. Now... my spinach was a little warm because of thawing it in my microwave, and this melted the cheese... if that happens... It's all good... It's going to melt in the oven later !

Gently lift up one side of the skin on each piece of chicken.

Then spoon in a HEAPING amount of spinach. (I made 4 pieces here, but this recipe could have filled 6.)

Then I pulled the skin over nice and tight, we want to make sure the filling doesn't come out while cooking.

Use 1tbs of butter to grease the baking dish, then top each piece of chicken with a 1/2tbs of butter. Then grind a nice amount of fresh salt and pepper over the top.

In to the oven at 350 for 30 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink and the skin becomes nice and crisp.

YUM!

I served this with some basil pesto tortellini... YUM

Look at all that filling! Remember that over load of smokey flavor? Well.... it all melted and penetrated the entire piece of chicken and actually became a hint of flavor... perfect!

I hope you enjoy it if you try it!


Enjoy!

Recipe #33, 332 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment